Monday, January 31, 2011

Please Pray for My Butt

Gma Jean invited me over to lunch a couple of weeks ago. She wouldn't really say what was on the menu...'leftovers' is what she told my mom. Here is what I walked into.....



Gma Jean LOVES to feed people. After you are done eating, you have to refuse her food offers for about 30 minutes before she lets up...or just leave the table altogether. The love of feeding people is a long standing tradition of the women in my family....one that I fear is slowly dying with each breath I take. The lunch was very good...we had about 3 entrees and about a gazillion sides to choose from.  She even baked a cake! May I remind you that she is 90?!...she had enough food to feed an army! I left thinking....oh, I CANNOT do this on a regular basis or I will surely weigh 500 pounds....but it all tasted SO good!! 

Another long standing joke in my family is the fact that Gma Jean keeps about 8 pounds of butter in her freezer at any given time....she will sometimes try to deny it. So here is the proof....count 'em!


I guess I don't have to worry about her if there is ever a butter shortage?!?! So please, pray for my butt and that the 8 pounds of butter don't end up there. 

1 comment:

  1. That is sooo like when we go back to Iowa to visit Ben's family! Both his mom and Gma Sally are over-cookers. It's wonderful, but in small doses only! The 8 lbs of butter cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete