Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh Miss Iowa


Nathan and I were watching 'The Soup' last night before going to bed. It's a funny little show on the E! network that pokes fun at the many happenings of TV throughout the previous week. 

Joel had a segment on that poked fun at the Miss America Pageant....it must have been on last week or something?

Anyway, the segment was a compilation of the start of the show where the contestants introduce themselves and what their state is known for. Miss Rhode Island said her state is known for having the most Dunkin Donuts...(must be Dunkin Donuts Co. is based out of Rhode Island?)....and Miss Utah said something about sister wives...and there were a few other states in the mix....and of course, Miss Iowa was featured too....

I pulled her quote from the internet so that I could be sure and get it right....she introduced herself to the nation at the start of the live broadcast, Pauli proudly stated she is “from the state that leads the nation in ethanol production. My state gives your state gas.”

Really?!?

Sigh....Oh Miss Iowa...I can't imagine why you didn't win the coveted crown. (I don't really know who won, but I'm pretty sure if she had I would have heard or seen it somewhere plastered all over the local news.)

2 comments:

  1. It was Miss Nebraska. Sadly, I caught the end of the pageant when we were in Breck with Jeff and his buddies. You can imagine what the comments were watching a Miss America pageant with 6 men between the ages of 24 and 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this too. Hilarious! I love the Soup, I DVR it every week. Partly because it's funny, but also I have a slight crush on Joel McHale. :)

    ReplyDelete