Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Beginnings

So it's a new year, a new state....so why not a new blog?

So I'll start from the beginning. Our story all started at Iowa State University when a


Met a


and they fell in love...



We were accepted into vet school....




and were married....




and after graduation.....






moved to Arizona....and then Texas. We spent 5 years in Texas...and I've loved it. But after a couple failed attempts at purchasing practices in Texas and Chicago...we got an opportunity we couldn't pass up. One of my friends from Texas recently got transferred and she got to move here....



I get to move here.......



Now moving closer to family is nice....but to do right in the middle of winter when you are used to...let's just say....a 'less harsh' climate....leaves quite a lot to be desired. 

My moods as of lately, I pretty much feel like this most of the time.....


I feel like I'm on a roller coaster....one second I'm halfway happy and then the next moment I'm pretty much just pissed and in the depths of despair! It's exhausting. But I'm trying to move forward and accept the plan that God has for me. 

So we purchased a clinic in Iowa and Nathan has successfully been running it since October. We are currently trying to sell the house in Texas while splitting time and space between our parent's houses. I currently have stuff strewn across three houses....again..it's exhausting. The dogs are staying at my parent's house and from what I can tell....THEY are having a blast. Me...not so much. I've been back in Iowa for about two weeks now and I'm slowly getting back into the groove. But to add more to my plate...I have to get sick pretty much 2 days after Christmas....another perk of cold weather. Yay! 

So stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Most of the battles of life are won
    By looking beyond the clouds to the sun.
    And having the patience to wait for the day
    When the sun comes out and the clouds float away.
    Trying to be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you have a blog now! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete