Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dogs are Children in Fur Coats

Ever see that decorative sign? Well, it's true...at least in my world.


I don't have any children....so instead of boring you with pictures of my kids...I will have to bore you with pictures of my dogs. My dogs are my children and after all....I am a veterinarian.

This is Ruby....she is my first born. She is a Scottish Terrier and she just turned 8 years old on 1-1-11. Nathan and I got her over spring break our junior year of vet school. We gave up cable TV in order to pay for her...now that's sacrifice!! We met her breeder in Kansas City to pick her up. She's a very good dog. She's very 'catlike'....she likes attention, but only on her terms. If you pet her too much and she's not in the mood....she gets up and moves. She's not very loud, doesn't bark a lot, but she moans....I like to call her Mona. Her other nicknames include, Ruby Dooby, Ruby Booby, Booby, The Boob, and My Black Hairy Boob.


She was such a cute little puppy. 


She's so pretty. 



She is somewhat of a princess (I wonder where she got that from?). She loves pillows and soft places to sit. One thing I love about my job...I can bring my dogs to work! I would frequently find her sitting in my desk chair after I had left for awhile. 


I'm not a big 'dress up your dog' person....it's a good thing...cause Ruby HATES to wear clothes....especially anything on her head. 


She loves playing with toys. Her favorite game is tug of war and she loves to fetch too. 



This is Wrigley....


He is my second child. We also got him from the same breeder we bought Ruby from. He is also a Scottish Terrier and will be 4 years old in April. He was a fifth wedding anniversary present to ourselves...and he was supposed to be 'Nathan's dog'....but....he's all mine. Nathan says we have an inappropriate relationship. We flew him home on the plane to Texas with us when he was just 12 weeks old. 

Here are his baby pictures....



Wrigley was born without half of his left ear. He is such a little character and everything amazes him. He is interested in EVERYTHING we do. He is very affectionate and loves to sit on your lap. 

He loves water and specifically the sprinkler. 


He loves to Skype. 


I frequently find him sleeping on his back. 


And 'protecting' me from the lazy cats that nap on my porch. 


His main nickname is The Wriggle Pot...or just simply The Pot. 



The upper picture is my new favorite pic of my Wriggle Pot. 



They tolerate most everything I do...such as dressing them up for Halloween to help pass out candy. 


And they love to look out the window. 


We are three little peas in a pod! 

No comments:

Post a Comment