Wednesday, December 14, 2011

'Tis The Season

The house is all decked out for Christmas. I had forgotten half of the decorations I had since I didn't really get to decorate last year. I was able to weed some decorations out and have already made one trip to Goodwill. 

We did have a new addition this year to the decor. I bought this little 'Charlie Brown' tree from Pottery Barn two years ago on sale and thought it would be a perfect tree for Nathan's ornaments.


Nathan's Gma Marie used to paint ceramic ornaments every year to give to her grandchildren at Christmas. Nathan's Mom gave all of them to him a few years ago and we incorporated them into our large tree...but they are all so sweet I thought they needed their very own tree. I think there are 19 ornaments total...and I think they fit this tree perfectly. 


Each one is dated on the back and signed by Marie...




One isn't a true Iowan without a Christmas pig ornament...


I think this one looks like me....she must have 'seen' me coming into his life. Ha!


I know Nathan will enjoy this little tree and his Gma Marie's ornaments for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment