Monday, June 20, 2011

Garden Walk/ Father's Day

Spring and summer have come late this year....yay :(   We've had a lot of rain and cool temps...which I guess has been good for the plants. Mom, Carol (mom's friend), and I went on the Cedar Rapids Master Gardener Walk a couple of weeks ago to marvel at the hard work of others. We saw four outstanding gardens which left me inspired to start a fantastic garden.... next year! 

These flowers reminded me of the illustrations from a Dr. Seuss book....


A koi pond...


Yummy strawberries....


One theme throughout the four gardens we toured was hostas!!! They were everywhere and each gardener had multiple varieties...they were beautiful!


On our way to celebrate Father's Day last weekend with Nathan's family I spotted this guy on the side of the road...he was HUGE! I literally made Nathan turn around so we could get a closer look...(he told me...'this is why you are late everywhere you go'...and he is probably right ) I was afraid he was going to wander out into the road...so I tried to shoo him back into the grass...I didn't have much luck. 



Nathan's aunt Teresa has a couple pairs of hummingbirds at her house....they weren't afraid to come up and feed while we were all sitting out on the deck. 



We celebrated Father's Day with my family yesterday at Adam and Teresa's new house.

All the guys modeling their new grilling aprons...


Like father, like son....


I gave Dad this snazzy new sweater from Orvis...guess I know where I get my 'clothes horseness' from...


We played a round of Catch Phrase after lunch...


Adam, Teresa, Nathan, and I played a round of golf after the family broke up...it was the first official round of golf I've played as an adult...and I've only been out to hit golf balls about 3 times in the last year...so you can just imagine how ugly it was for me...and how sore I am today...but I figure I've got another 40 years to perfect my game...practice, practice, practice!!! 


We got home late and I was not looking forward to syringe feeding Ruby...instead I cooked her a fabulous meal of boiled ground beef and rice....and LOOK...she ATE it!! all on her own!!! Yippeee!! Keep it up Ruby Dooby!


Tomorrow...I'm thinking of hiding a little bit of canned food in it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment