Friday, February 18, 2011

Winter Birthdays


Winter has hopefully come and gone. We all survived 'The Blizzard of 2011'...dun, dun, duuuuunnnn....Washington got a record 14 inches of snow. Nathan and I were snowed in at his parents home in Monticello. We were stupid and drove home in the middle of the storm. I've never quite experienced anything quite like it. We went through periods of complete white out conditions...but the trusty rusty Honda Pilot got us home safely. 

Here's a cool pic of mom and dad's front door and the frost that formed...kind of pretty!


And Mom's car with the snow piled up at the square after the roads were plowed. 


Mom and dad's pond has seen lots of action with the ice fisherman...we had four guys here this past weekend. I hear the ice was 15 inches thick. Why this is considered fun, I have yet to figure out. 



We celebrated Nathan's (and Nick's) birthday last week, first with his side of the family and then with my side last weekend. 

Blowing out candles with Nick and Ryker...Ryker couldn't quite understand why he couldn't have a birthday that night too. I told him, someday he's gonna wish his birthday didn't come anymore....he didn't believe me. 


All the grandparents were present and accounted for...and no birthday is complete without Bob helping to celebrate. 


The birthday guy with his red velvet cake at the Mangold celebration....I would love to tell you that I slaved all morning baking this cake...but then I would be lying....and something bad might happen to me...like God striking me down with a lightning bolt. Mom slaved all morning baking the cake and yelling at me to keep my fingers out of the batter. 



Opening some gifts....


More artwork to hang up at the clinic...


The party was so crazy we soon lost a few to naps on the windowsill...Nathan and Dad shared the space and the well missed sunshine.



The snow is almost completely melted at this point...hopefully spring is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment