Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ode to Nathan


Nathan is much more sweet tempered than I,
Even the time a horse kicked him in the eye.

He loves being a small animal vet,
Do you think I’m glad I married him? You bet!

He has an identical twin brother,
Thanks be to his poor, poor mother.

His best friend Jason lives many states away,
They still talk on the phone multiple times a day.

Nathan has a hard time telling me ‘no’,
Even when it’s a far corner of the world that I want to go.

This is the first poem I’ve ever written in his honor,
I’m sure my poetry career is a goner.

Nathan is an Iowa farm boy,
He learned early on being a hard worker is a joy.

He is a rabid ISU fan,
And usually drives the speed of a little old man.

I still don’t know what birthday gift to buy, how will we ever get along?
I guess the dogs and I will have to howl him a song.

I don’t have much else to say,
except Nathan have a happy, happy birthday!!!




Happy Birthday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment