Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hodge Podge

It's been a busy spring so far....just the way I like it! Nathan went to the Rolex in Kentucky at the end of April with his Gma, Mom and Aunt. I loaded up Viv and the dogs and headed to my parents for the weekend so I could have some baby support. I even got to spend one night by myself in the house after I taught dance in the afternoon! It was heavenly! 



I'm training Viv to wear her sunglasses. She's getting much better now that I think she's figured out that she can see through them. 



Her right eye is completely cleared now. She's eating solids 4 times a day and seems to be spitting up way less. We take her 6 month old pictures next week. She's discovered that she can screech and spends most of the day emitting very high frequency sounds.....my dogs are sure lucky! She entertains herself pretty well with her toys. She spent last night in her crib for the first time all night!!


Last weekend Nathan and I went back to The Woodlands to visit friends and he participated in the The Woodlands Triathlon for the 2nd time. I met my fave technicians out for dinner at the Black Walnut Thursday night. Then we grabbed a free symphony concert and Houston Ballet performance at the pavilion. I was in cultural heaven!!


Nathan met Tina out for drinks at Cru and I joined them after the concert was over. 



We met John and Jessica for lunch and went out Saturday night with Kevin and Rebecca. We stayed at the Hyatt in Market Street....one could seriously live there! You would be within walking distance of everything The Woodlands has to offer! (I should write commercials for them!)


The weather was gorgeous the whole time we were there. Maybe next year we'll be brave enough to take Viv with us. She stayed with Mom and Dad....her behavior report was glowing! Guess that means we can travel more often! 

In home news....we are having more babies! A robin has built her nest in my wreath on the front door. I haven't seen much activity in the hanging plant this spring so I was super excited to discover these pretty little eggs when we returned home from Texas. 



My wreath isn't exactly the most stable hanging structure and we are supposed to have some severe weather this week....so I'm hoping it doesn't blow down. I also feel bad because the robin freaks out and flies away every time I pass by the front door....so I try to limit my trips upstairs. 

On a sad note....Nathan's Gpa Hein passed away this week. He was 89. He loved to tell stories and take drives to survey the farmland. He also had a reputation for being be quite cantankerous! He will be missed.


Here he was at the gender reveal party last spring....and here he was taking a siesta on our front porch in Texas in 2010. 



Telling Uncle Hans stories...


On a happier note...we received a new shipment of hair bows this week...and another picture just because she's cute! 

1 comment:

  1. We interviewed him a few years ago and burnt it on a DVD, Will try to find it and pass it on to someone in the family. I always enjoyed running into him uptown ..he could be quite a teaser and a little feisty but there was always a twinkle in his eye. DM

    ReplyDelete