Friday, November 1, 2013

Maternity Photos

We are in the official countdown! I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. My stress tests have all been going well and Vivian has performed as needed. They measure her heart rate and movements over 20 minutes. I've had weekly stress tests due to my 'advanced maternal age'... aka.....I'm reproductively old. If I don't go into labor naturally this week then my doctor wants to induce me on Thursday due to 'older' women have more of a chance of still births if they are allowed to go too long over their due date. We have one more doctor appointment Wednesday afternoon- I was only dilated 1 cm last week. Once we see the doctor on Wed then we'll come up with a game plan for induction if needed. 
I've been healthy during my entire pregnancy and last week I came down with a head cold. Joy. I'm hoping it will run it's course and I'll be back to normal by the time she arrives. We also hope Nathan doesn't come down with it. So far he's shown no symptoms! (knock on wood) 
I made it through my last dance class before fall break with no issues (except I had a student wet her pants)- better her than me! I was afraid my water would break in front of my kids and I'd have to explain THAT! I still went to pilates this morning- my instructor and work out partner were very surprised to see me! It always feels good to stretch! 

I debated about having maternity photos taken cause I think most of them are rather cheesy. But I decided I should probably do it- if I chose not to then someday I would have wished I had. So I bit the bullet. Here are my faves.... I don't think they turned out too bad. We had kind of a rainy crappy day to shoot and I had originally wanted to wait until the leaves turned. But here it is Nov 1 and some of the trees have yet to turn colors....so I'm glad we didn't end up waiting. 











Hopefully by this time next week we will have brought a healthy baby into the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment