Monday, October 21, 2013

Trade In


When I agreed to move back to Iowa Nathan promised me I wouldn't have to trade in my car. I had sold my old college car and bought this cute little VW Eos a few years before we left Texas...it was my first 'big girl' car and I loved it. It was a hard top convertible (I called it my transformer)...in red no less! It really didn't do too bad in the Iowa winter. When we were finally successful in getting pregnant he still didn't tell me I would have to trade it in (miraculously it does come with the latch system so you can fit a carseat in the back!)....but.....he said- 'you are going to need a new car eventually (she had over 90,000 miles on her) and things are going to start to go south. We can go out and buy another car and have car payments OR we can trade in the Eos and get a used car and pay cash for it'.....sigh.....well, when you phrase it like that!! 

I had to face the facts and realize that my pretty little Eos was no longer practical. I gave in. But not soon enough...I got a speeding ticket in her about two weeks before we traded her in! 



We traded her in for a VW Tiguan (small sized SUV).  I've actually really liked the car. It has the same engine has my Eos, so it's pretty zippy (which doesn't bode well for my speeding record). It's much easier to get in and out of now that I'm in the end of my pregnancy and of course it's got far more room for groceries, etc. I installed the car seat a couple of weeks ago so we are all ready for Ms. Vivian's arrival. 


Here's to seeing you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment