Monday, January 9, 2017

New Years Eve


Once again we conned my parents into babysitting for us on NYE. My college friend and sorority sister, Duce (her college nickname still sticks!) called us up and wanted to know if we would want to join them in the Kellogg's suite for a NYE Bulls game. Sure! Fred Holberg (old ISU coach/player/legend) is currently the Bulls head coach....however, they aren't doing so well. So we made the drive over to Chicago. The view from our hotel room. 


Nathan and I both experienced our first Uber ride. The guy who drove us to the game was very nice, however, our ride back was a bit more scary! Our view from our seats in the suite. It was very nice! All the food and drink you wanted...we even caught a t-shirt. 




After halftime the sweets cart came around. There were all kinds of cakes and cookies...you could even take a shot of chocolate liquor. I brought some Bulls cookies home for Mom, Dad, and the kids. 





The Bulls game was over by 9 or so...they played and lost to the Milwaukee Bucks. I'm afraid that Fred is going to be without a job come this spring! We had purchased standing room only tickets at Howl at the Moon....a local dueling piano bar. It was really fun! We had more appetizers, 3 'free' drinks and a champagne toast at midnight. 



The best part was we were within walking distance to our hotel. I'm not gonna lie...I was ready to go to bed by 12:01! 


The next morning Nathan and I walked to Michigan Avenue and over the river. I was sore the next day...I had shin splints from all the walking and my feet hurt from standing/dancing. 40 is rough! 




Here's to 2017! Make it a great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment