Thursday, October 29, 2015

26 weeks

26 weeks... still feeling pretty good...large and in charge, but pretty good. I'm acutely aware of every time I drop something on the floor as it's getting harder to move around. I'm having a lot more back problems with this pregnancy. I suppose carrying Viv around isn't helping any. We moved the clinic last weekend and I could barely walk by the end of the night. 

My appetite waxes and wanes but my sweet tooth is pretty much out of control this time around. I was surprised to hear my doctor at my last appointment tell me that I was right on track with weight gain and that I'd only gained 15 pounds so far. (I make it a point to never look at the number on the scale at the doctor's office....it's just depressing and always higher than my scale at home. Why do that to yourself?!?) I already feel like I've gained the 40 I did with Viv!



I'm still sleeping pretty well and only having to get up about once a night to go to the bathroom. I haven't had too much of a problem with heartburn yet. I'm still on my first bottle of antacids with this pregnancy. I haven't developed too much shortness of breath yet either...depends on what I'm doing. I'm feeling lots of movement and I'm hoping that this is a good sign....I don't feel him move much in the middle of the night. It seems like Viv's most active time was about 3 am every night.....I'm hoping that if he's pretty quiet at night now that means he'll be a good sleeper once he comes out! :) 

I feel like I'm way behind on his room. We do have the crib and the bedding but that's about it. We've been so busy with building and moving the clinic I haven't had a chance to really think about his room. We don't really have a 'theme'...the crib is navy blue and the bedding is madras plaid, so it has lots of colors to work with. I'm still undecided on what to do for a dresser and the rest of the furniture for this room. 

It's hard to believe it's almost November...I feel like this pregnancy has taken forever but at the same time is moving pretty fast. Every time I start to feel uncomfortable I just keep telling myself that this is the last time I have to do this! I've already told Nathan that he has to make sure that he tells the doctor I want my tubes tied if I have to have a C-section! 

Viv still has no clue that she's getting a baby brother. I guess we haven't really talked about the baby with her....I figure what's the point if she's not talking yet herself? I guess she'll just be surprised come February! It will be here soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment