Friday, May 17, 2013

The dogs have something to tell you......




Yep, they speak the truth! 


We are indeed pregnant. If you are a close friend or family member you know that we have been trying for a little over 3 years and have suffered 5 miscarriages. Apparently we have a winner in lucky number 6! We are due in early November. This is the farthest we have made it in any of our pregnancies. I'm not gonna lie....I worry everyday that I will lose this one too. But so far our ultrasounds and tests have all come back with positive news. Our doctor says if you make it past 12 weeks with a heartbeat that our chance of miscarriage goes down considerably. We had some genetic tests done last week checking for Down's Syndrome and a couple of other conditions. I got the word today that those came back negative. Hooray and thank you God!! I know the rest is out of my hands so I'm trying to stay positive and stay healthy. Nathan is of course cautious but excited. 



Our ultrasound at 8 weeks checking for viability. We both went to this doctor appointment with heavy hearts hoping we see good news. We've been through at least 3 viability ultrasounds before to end up getting bad news. I was hopeful as this was the first pregnancy that I have actually had any 'morning sickness'. I was pretty nauseous weeks 6-9 and completely lost my appetite...which if you know me well is VERY abnormal for me! I'm always thinking about food! But the image above popped up on the screen and we saw the flicker of the heart and my exact words were 'Holy Shit! We actually have a heartbeat!' The ultrasound tech kind of looked at me funny. 

Also, if you know me well...I'm not into mushy expressions of emotion...so I told my parents and brother via email.  Well...the dogs told them too...


My mother was at the eye doctor when she checked her email...and started crying in the waiting room. She said...'at first i thought the dogs were having a baby but I knew that wasn't possible...so I was confused!' lol! I think she would have preferred a phone call....but I just couldn't handle all the questions at that point. 

So we went to the University of Iowa last week for more genetic testing and another ultrasound which all looked normal. So it looks like as of now we are full steam ahead! We do plan on finding out the sex and will let everyone know soon! 


Head and arm...13 weeks


Baby at 13 weeks....about 7 cm long


feet!


Keep positive thoughts and prayers coming our way! 



3 comments:

  1. so happy for you and Nathan!! so very excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the BEST news! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Congrats! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy and childbirth :)

    ReplyDelete