Friday, April 6, 2012

San Antonio


I was fortunate to visit my dear friend Tracy last week in San Antonio. Tracy and I first met in Houston when I took my first job. In all honesty, I signed up for my first job because of her! She seemed really friendly, was my age, and I was hoping to make a friend...which I did....and a life long friend at that! She has a new baby boy (who I failed to get a pic of...) but her daughter, Ryan, was a ham for the camera! 


My visit was short, but fun filled...we spent the first day at Sea World. 


Both kids were really well behaved and Ryan was certainly amazed at the jumping whales!






I'm always so conflicted when visiting animal parks...I hate the fact they have these beautiful animals in little pools....but I absolutely LOVE seeing them up close. I hate paying the money and supporting the parks but the whales are truly amazing. 




The dolphin pool was probably my favorite area. They feel like wet leather...and they all seem to just be having a blast. 


My second day we shopped most of the day and ran errands. We had fun catching up and I enjoyed sitting in the sun. 

Mike and Tracy have a elderly pet population and in just the last few years have lost their two beloved labs. Unfortunately, right before my visit she got test results back that showed Indigo had developed lymphoma. Tracy first met Indigo in college...he was a test cat in the lab she worked in. After his study was over she adopted him...and he's the sweetest little guy. He loves to sit on your lap and kneads his front paws on your stomach. His favorite spot is on a chair in front of the window and was a good little 'poser' for the camera. 



The youngest member of their 'zoo'..Gris Gris....she's also quite the ham...she's a bit skittish when you arrive but soon warms up. She was quite taken with the clicking noises of my camera. 


I had a fabulous time with the Gati's....I hope to visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment