Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Tale of Two Cities: Part 1


My parents always used to joke that I was the product of the milkman....which is kind of creepy because back in the day we did actually have a milkman who delivered milk every week. What they were trying to say is that I've always been a little 'different'....and sometimes didn't always seem to fit the mold of my family. This trait can be especially illustrated in the fact I'm a small town kid that absolutely LOVES big cities. Case in point of one reason why I wasn't thrilled to be moving back to Iowa. 

I am lucky to have visited two of the three largest cities in the country this month. Our nine year anniversary was the 10th and Buschy was going to be in Chicago for business for a couple of weeks so we decided to head to Chi-town to celebrate....I was thrilled even though I had asked for a puppy :). Anytime I can head to the bright lights, big city, I'm on it. 

We headed out Thursday night after work and stayed downtown again along Michigan Avenue. Friday we walked down to the lake and spent the day on the beach. 


We had beautiful weather...


We did a small amount of shopping but I tried hard to keep it at a minimum....we waited for Buschy to get done with work....and headed out to Navy Pier for the night. 


Buschy treated us to dinner and we hung out and listened to a live band and rode the ferris wheel....








Saturday we walked down to Ed Debevics...it's a fun 50's style diner where the wait staff is particular obnoxious and well, obnoxious.....



After we left Ed's we walked through Millennium Park and headed to The Chicago Art Institute to get 'cultured'....

The 'bean' in Millennium Park....


Our reflection....and some random guy....


The Art Institute has a great Impressionism collection...you can see Monets...


and Van Goghs....to name a few....



American Gothic by Grant Wood also lives here....


Nathan and Buschy getting cultured....



Part II to follow shortly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment