Sunday, July 31, 2011

Neighbors

A couple of weeks ago I walked outside my front door to discover that a small bird had taken up residence in my hanging plant. 


I didn't pay much attention until I noticed she was back in my plant that evening. As I studied her, I noticed some movement beneath her. She had built a nest in my plant. I was so excited! 

Trying not to disturb the nest, I stood on my chair on the porch and put my camera over the plant and took a picture...unsure of what I would find....

What I found were these two little funny faces staring back at me. 



I'm pretty sure these birds are house finches...I've seen both the male and the female.


From what I read on Google....they lay multiple clutches from February through August and they will return to the same nest for multiple years... I'm afraid they may be done reproducing this season, so no more baby birds to watch. But I'm hopeful that they will set up residence again next spring...now that I know they are there. 

I couldn't think of any better neighbors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment