Monday, April 18, 2011

It's a Done Deal

Well, it's official....I can no longer call Texas 'home'....our house sold....




it was a bittersweet moment. It really was a pretty smooth transition...with one minor hiccup at the end...well, it seemed pretty major at the time....but it all worked out. We were just about to sign a lease on a crap-tastic apartment as we were weighing our options to build a house or continue to look at pre-existing homes when we found the one we bought. Four days after our offer was accepted on the Iowa house we got an offer on our Texas house....it showed over 40 times!!!!....and everyone LOVED it....but apparently no one wanted to make an offer! ha! So we closed on the Iowa house March 31....and made the arrangements to head to Texas to pack up our stuff....


Mom and I drove down to Texas....


and proceeded to pack...and pack....and pack....





and clean....look Mom!! I CAN clean!


After three days...reinforcements arrived in the form of Nathan's mom and grandpa....they were obsessed with the shrink wrap.....


I think if I would have stood still long enough I would have probably been shrink wrapped and stuffed in the POD and shipped home too....we also had help from work friends and some hired 'lawn turned movers for the day' guys. All of the help was great and much appreciated! 

But it was still sad to leave and sad to say goodbye....I loved living in The Woodlands and even in 5 short years in this house it seems like we had experienced a lot there....it was the first house we ever purchased...my guinea pig Stan is buried in the backyard....




We brought Wrigley home to this house...


We went through a hurricane in this house...


We dealt with a miscarriage in this house. 

I'm going to miss all of the neat little critters I would find in my backyard....


I'm going to miss the beach...even though it's kind of a crap-tastic beach...it's better than any 'beach' you'll find in Iowa....




Of course being from Iowa...I'm going to miss the weather. I'm going to miss The Woodlands and of course all of my friends I'm leaving behind...from work and from church. It was such a pretty area with lots of stuff to do and it's own cool atmosphere....




After all the furniture was gone I laid on the floor of my bedroom and looked out my window one last time....a few tears were shed and then it was time to go. 

I hope the couple that bought our house takes good care of it and loves it as much as I did. 

2 comments:

  1. made me cry! of course that's not hard these days, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, you can miss all those things EXCEPT galveston! :) glad everything worked out smoothly but you guys will definitely be missed!!

    ReplyDelete