Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thelma and Louise

Last weekend Mom and I took a quick trip to Houston to get out of the cold and visit my house to check on things.... and pack. We had a bit of glitch on the way to the airport....there are two airports 'close' to my home town...one in Cedar Rapids, which is north, and one in Moline, IL, which is east....Remember in my last post how I admitted I never know where I'm going? Well, we had a bit of a communication breakdown...I had booked our plane tickets a month or so ago...and there was some discussion at the time about which airport to fly out of....and we ended up choosing Moline. I had emailed mom all the itinerary info (which she apparently didn't read). About a week ago we were discussing the trip and I had forgotten and thought we had booked the flights out of Cedar Rapids...until the night before when I got my check-in emails....and I had assumed that Mom had read her email.

So Mom still thinks in these small little airports we still need to be there 2 hours before your flight...so the morning of our flight we left in plenty of time. I was driving and I told Mom...'I'm not really sure how to get there'...she looks at me kind of funny and says...'you just go like you are going to Cedar Rapids'...I think...'ok, I guess she's gonna tell me where to turn off etc to head to Moline'....so we get up to the exit to head to the Cedar Rapids airport and I realize she's taking me to the CR airport...I look at her and say 'mom....we are flying out of Moline!' (duh...I do know how to get to Cedar Rapids)...so she then abruptly begins to freak out...we realize our mistake about 1.5 hours before our flight is supposed to leave and it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Moline from Cedar Rapids.

So we turn around and literally drive 100 mph to get to Moline in time...we passed 3 cops and mom was convinced she was going to lose her license....I told her that I felt like we were Thelma and Louise. 


To make a long story short...we made it in time to catch our flight and we had a great weekend! 

The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to be home! I've missed my furniture...my neighborhood....everything. 


We really didn't get much packing done cause the house was showing like crazy...plus, we had too much shopping to do!! My friend Tracy and her daughter Ryan came into town from San Antonio and we hit up the outlets...and the Galleria...and Market Street....I purposely packed light so I would have plenty of room to bring back my goods! Ryan trying on some Burberry....


We had a fire pit party with some of my friends from work....We roasted hot dogs and made smores....


My redbud tree was blooming and we enjoyed sitting on the patio...



We went and got manicures and pedicures and upon the recommendation of The Pioneer Woman, I tried the Shellac manicure.... I LOVE IT!!! It's a cross between acrylic nails and regular nail polish...here it is a week out....still looks brand new! 


We hit up most of my fave restaurants....I didn't want to leave :( The weekend went by too quickly. Hopefully I'll be back soon....but to really pack this time :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment